You don’t always have to be biologically related to children to be a father.
· You’re a dad if you make time for kids whether by leaving work early to watch them participate somewhere or just staying up with them until they’re no longer to sleep.
· You’re a dad if you put their comfort and happiness before yours, including when you watch their favourite TV show on repeat instead of your live sports match.
· You’re a dad if you work twice as hard as you’re supposed to so that kids get whatever they desire.
· You’re a dad if you constantly worry about the kids’ future but never let them to do so.
· You’re a dad if you try to be a better person every single day because you know there are kids who look up to you.
· You’re a dad if you use yourself as a shield to protect kids from any misery or despair.
· You’re a dad if you take responsibility of kids and make them believe in themselves and that anything is possible.
· You’re a dad if you give a lot more to kids than they asked for or even realise, and never expect anything back.
· And of course, you’re a dad if you crack lame jokes that kids groan at.
Father's day can be about step/adoptive fathers as well as about every fatherly figure a kid ever had such as their teachers, older siblings and relatives, and sometimes even their mother.
Each and everyone of them should be acknowledge and cherished.
Happy Father's Day.